Our Investing Thesis
The hobby is huge. There is a ton of temptation and FOMO. It's easy to become undisciplined and sloppy in pursuit of making money investing in sports cards.
Our sports card investing thesis is three fold.
1. Don't Chase. The way to make money investing in Sports Cards is NOT to chase the hot players or cards, but to have the ability to identify the NEXT hottest player BEFORE their card prices take off.
2. Stay In The Game. Since each player has a countless amount of cards, it's necessary to stay disciplined in identifying and purchasing cards that will have the ability to rise in value. Go Low / Mid Risk as much as possible. Everyone wants the big names. If the price is already high, then the upside is already baked in. Buy the dip on either the card, the player or both. Have reasonable expectations. Not every card will yield a profit, but overall, if you stay in the game, you should make 20% over the long haul.
3. Be Set Up To Sell. The most overlooked part of profiting in sports card investing is actually being set up to sell your cards. This includes acquiring cards that are frequently transacted, so as to instill confidence in your future buyer by being able to show consistent sales comps. We're not saying not to acquire short prints and variations, but if you're looking to make an ROI quickly, these aren't always the best cards.
There are two windows. The long term window and the flippable window. The long term window is when you believe a player has a season or more of relevant potential "moments" ahead. The flippable window is when a player actually never has to perform well on the field or court, but only has to generate enough "hype" to see an increase in card value.
We know that our background of professional sports front office work and player scouting, high stakes fantasy sports expertise, digital content creation and sales will make our Sports Card Investment Report a critical piece in your pursuit of positive ROI on your Sports Card Investments.
Moukoko is a premier young talent for his clever off-ball movement and ability to put the ball in the back of the net. He is a technically gifted attacker.
From Goal.com: Moukoko signed a new contract with Borussia Dortmund on 1/21/2023:
- The deal runs until 2026
- He was previously linked with Chelsea and Barcelona
- He has scored six goals this term
- WHAT HAPPENED? Moukoko, who has scored six goals and assisted a further six in all competitions this season at just 18 years old, has committed to a new deal with the Bundesliga side that runs until 2026. The 18-year-old's previous contract was set to expire at the end of the season.
The upside is that he continues to score goals in Bundesliga and makes some waves in Champions League matches - as well as leads Germany to a great World Cup run in 2026.
The biggest risk with Moukoko is surrounding his injury history throughout his career. He has had numerous injuries in the 2021-2022 season alone that could nag him in the future.
Get the full investment report, including an in-depth look at which cards to buy now, how long to hold them and when to sell them. Get the rest. Go Premium here.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.