Welcome to Episode 14 of the Basketball Card Strategy Show, brought to you by NoOffseason.com - the Sports Card Content Network.
Paul Hickey is joined by Gary from Hoops and Cards. We talk about how to make money in basketball cards over the next 6-12 months. Things are changing from needing to be correct on the player prediction, to the fact that there are multiple opportunities now within each player regardless of player performance.
Does player performance matter as much as it used to? Which guys have baked in pricing?
- Investing in a Legacy - focus on Lebron and Steph long-term and their trajectories as players and card markets
- Round 2 Playoffs - Don’t Buy Basketball Cards?!?
- Prospecting and Who is Next Up - cheap guys to grab in the offseason or how to identify them!
- Identify - who is getting more playing time next year, how will they score (points), and will their teams win? Zero in on guys who have star potential and upside… we are looking for the next Mikal Bridges, the next Jalen Brunson, the next Lauri Markkanen!!!!
- Specifically: More playing time for… (mention guys getting a chance to start or doors that could open in summer)
Who will score more next year? I mean, besides Jaren Jackson Jr. and Anfernee Simons. Answer: Desmond Bane.
Who will return to the court? Miles Bridges, Zion Williamson, Lamelo Ball, Chet Holmgren, Cade Cunningham…
Who is an emerging freak? Paolo Banchero, Tyrese Haliburton, Evan Mobley, De’Aaron Fox, Shaedon Sharpe.
Who are the sleepers, cheap dollar-box rookies? Any Trey Murphy III, Quentin Grimes, Jalen Duren, Cam Thomas, Isaiah Joe, Devin Vassell, Cam Johnson,
Which teams have to make big moves? Dallas, Orlando, Charlotte, New Orleans, OKC, Portland, Houston, Utah?
My favorite off-season investment… Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Terrific for short AND long-term if you buy in October. If the Nets were good, I’d add Mikal Bridges here as a tie. Instead, he’s Zach Lavine at best. Awesome wing scorer on a crap team.
- Leveling Up - using May and June to “level up” into better cards, especially in the pre-Fanatics era…. Get Steph and Lebron and Giannis while you can.
- Big Man as MVP - Embiid, Jokic, Giannis… why do we keep getting MVPs who are big men who can’t shoot threes and are boring to watch?
We'd love your thoughts and comments.
Save 20% on the Premium Sports Card Investment Report by using the promo code "nooffseason" at checkout.
This video is brought to you by Market Movers App by Sports Card Investor. Get your first month for $1 at MarketMoversApp.com by using the promo code "nooffseason" or clicking here - https://www.sportscardinvestor.com/plans/?ref=63&campaign=sportscardstrategy
Listen and Subscribe on Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sports-card-strategy-with-paul-hickey/id1260430264?id=1260430264
Listen and Subscribe on Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/4jbdUs62GK9ekON7vaxqz8
Spread the word. Share please.